Monday, April 7, 2008

Would you like cheese with that whine?


I seriously hate it when someone whines and complains with no avail. It just stretches from an hour into two as my stamina diminishes. What’s worse is that after you have suffered through intensely negative vibes, you discover it was all for nothing. I have this friend who has been with the same guy for the past two years, and stuff between them was serious to the extent where his mom and her mom knew about what was going on. Point is however is that they just broke up, so as usually the GF has to pick up the pieces of her friend because that’s how it goes. So back to my point after, two weeks of boosting self esteem and engaging in nonsense feministic jargon, with one phone call from him and its all back to square one. So its time to rebuild again, and bring out the tissue box. This is very time consuming as well as energy draining and not easy to do when you have a collage load to juggle on the side. Guess what!! Yes it’s another phone call from him, but this time she’s happy, she says that they are talking it out, “their friends” now. But why does that make me pissed. I know I am not jealous la walla all the best to them. But I am pissed at her, I think it’s because all the time and energy I spent on her will just wither to waste, and everything I said was of no point. It was all just a bunch of wasted tissue and tears. Do I have the right to be upset with her? That I don’t know all I know is that I am.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

there is another Soul in town hmmm @@

well, u have the right to be pissed off! if she complains once then it's ok bas all the time! no way!

Anonymous said...

too much nagging is bad for health :)

welcome to blogsphere!

Z. said...

to both souls': since its easier this way thanks,, ill keep it mind inshalla it will give me patience.

amu: ouch man !!

Anonymous said...

Why would u be pissed off .. Hmm well im sure u heard the phrase “love is blind” so wht ever happens even if THE GUY CHEAT on her , she would take him back ! Why ? Me myself don’t know ! when girls are in love .. i don’t know how to put the right words .. everything is possible ..
SO what u could is ask her , why did she fall in love with him in the first place ? and whats in him that no other guy has ? what made the break up happens in the first place ?

Anonymous said...

Blogging since 1999 makes you a little older Soul i guess.

InshaAllah from people these days is quite doubtable !!

Am i right in deciphering your saying InshaAllah ?

~ Soul

Z. said...

soul u said people these days, do u think i am part of the herd ?
Inshalla means i really hope that your advice delivers it purpose, means i hope all the best.

Anonymous said...

Its always better to squash the assumptions than to see them manifest into some other misconceptions !

Thanks for clearing up.

~ Soul

Technogal said...

As a friend you just did the right thing when you gave her your advice and support.. the thing that when her boyfriend made it up to her .. she was out of control!! you know "love is blind" but it does not mean that you've wasted your time or even she didn't care about what you've done for her. It is out of her hands..